|Too bad Cleric's |
|Longest Set Up In Webcomic History|
|Date Published||February 20th, 2010|
|Previous Comic||Episode 1220: Hypothetical|
|Next Comic||Episode 1222: One of the Better Singularities|
And a brick joke comes back to haunt Black Mage.
- Fighter McWarrior
- Red Mage Statscowski
- Black Mage Evilwizardington
- White Mage
- The forest near to the Temple of Chaos
|Thief||What the hell was that?|
|Red Mage||Looked kinda like an impossibly pure white light to me.|
|Black Mage||Wonder if that's why it felt like the heat of a thousand suns burning out my withered, blacked sould like a giant celestial cegarette butt being smushed in my face.|
|Red Mage||Let's check it out despite Black being really weird about it.|
|Fighter||Does Chaos look a little more pile of ashes to anyone else?|
|Black Mage sneezes and blows the top half of Chaos off.|
|Red Mage||This is our victory. I'm not even going to question it, man.|
|Fighter||Hey, look, guys.|
Witnesses to our victory.
|White Mage||What, witne--No, no, we did this!|
|Red Mage||That's not how I choose to remember it.|
|White Mage||That's because you weren't here when…|
|Black Mage takes out the Nintendo Power from Episode 007.|
|Black Mage||Oh, goddammit it.|
- Priest is misspelled preist.
- Black Mage says "Oh, goddammit it." in the last panel. Whether this is a typo, or to show that Black Mage was unable to think normally after White Mage's revelation is currently unknown.
- The joke was from way back in Episode 7, in which Black Mage responds with incredulity to Nintendo Power's suggestion of beating Final Fantasy with four white mages. White Mage proves him wrong with her party.
- Clevinger himself has stated that he had the end of the comic planned from the very beginning. And although it's impossible for him to prove it, he always had the idea of four White Mages emerging victorious floating around.